Aged care resident charged with manslaughter
The matter was heard at Brisbane Magistrates court where the accused did not appear
A man accused of the manslaughter of a fellow aged care resident has been named in court for the first time.
Aspley aged care resident Thomas Raymond Pryce, 84, has been charged with the manslaughter of 78-year-old Alan Williams following an alleged altercation in Brisbane’s north.
Police allege the men got into a fight on February 21 at Regis Aspley aged care on Albany Creek Road.
It is then alleged Mr Pryce pushed Mr Williams.
Mr Williams sustained life-threatening head injuries and died in hospital two days later.
The court was told Mr Pryce had been a resident at Regis Aspley since August, 2025. He did not appear in court on Thursday or via video link. Instead, his stepdaughter appeared on his behalf with lawyer Joshua Tiffin.
A letter from Mr Pryce’s geriatrician presented to the court said, as at March 19, he was a “permanent resident in a secure, locked dementia ward”.
An application for bail was abandoned part way through proceedings, to allow time for the defence to collect additional information regarding Mr Pryce’s residence status and care needs.
Acting magistrate John Costanzo issued a warrant for Mr Pryce’s arrest, with orders it lay on file until his next court appearance.
The matter was adjourned to Wednesday April 1.
Originally published as Man, 84, charged with manslaughter over alleged fatal fight at aged care home
Email: rebecca.cox@news.com.au



